The past few weeks, Vistar employees have been abuzz with activities! From running races to learning how to make drool-worthy cupcakes, below we’ve shared some of their highlights:
- This spring, Vistar kicked off an intramural sports league. Our kickball team is already 2-0 and looking forward to the rest of the season!
- On May 6th, Christian and Noah, two Vistar engineers, hit the pavement for Philadelphia’s annual Broad Street Run. The 10 mile race across Philadelphia is the largest in the country, with nearly 40,000 runners.
- Casey, another of our engineers, took a run in the Shenandoah Valley - to the tune of 20 miles over the course of 4 hours. Below are some shots from the scenic trail.
Kitchen to table
- The Vistar People Ops team recently had an off site where they visited Butter Lane Bakery and learned how to make delicious cupcakes and frostings. Can you say yum?
- Meanwhile, several our Account Managers and Executives took a group of clients to Murray’s Wine & Cheese 101.
- For some quality bonding time, Client Services hit up Rosa Mexicano on Cinco de Mayo while Analytics took a trip to Peter Luger’s for a top-notch steak dinner.
Just for Fun
- The Marketing team spent their off site at the Komnata Quest escape room. Sherlocked? More like Sher-UN-locked!
- Ready to cheer on the oldest continuous, one-name, one-city franchise in all of professional American sports, a group of engineers went to a Phillies game. Both peanuts and crackerjacks were consumed.
- After hours, Shun, John, Derek, and Sarah - members of various teams in the NYC office - headed to Tom Misch concert.
Learning Beyond the Job
- Lucy, our VP of Sales, Leslie, our Director of Marketing, and Ciara, our VP of product stopped by the DPAA’s WE.DOOH Happy Hour and had the chance to network with women working in the Digital Out of Home industry.
- Two members of our Analytics team, Grace and Lauren, attended AdClub’s April meeting, featuring guest speakers including Brad Phaisan, CEO of Omnivirt, Robert Seo, CEO of Buzzvil, and Peter Duff, CEO of Adlib.
- Also in April, our Director of Analytics, Eugenie, and VP of Product, Ciara, attended the Women in Tech Summit in Philadelphia. At the two day event, Eugenie and Ciara had the opportunity to connect with women in tech fields and encourage other women to enter the industry.
- Just a couple weeks ago, our People Ops team attended HR Uncubed. Over the course of two days, they learned more about talent acquisition in tech and heard from some terrific industry speakers.