With consumers’ attention spans decreasing and the need for constant stimulation, video advertising is one of today’s most powerful digital marketing tools for brands. According to Wyzowl’s 2022 State of Video Marketing Report, 88% of consumers have been convinced to purchase a product or service due to video exposure - making video a huge asset to brands and marketers.
But, what are the benefits of video when combined with digital out-of-home (DOOH) advertising? To start, with video DOOH advertising, brands can utilize their existing high production assets — and activate them in contextually relevant out-of-home (OOH) environments, such as grocery stores, restaurants, and gyms. Further, marketers can leverage the mass scale that OOH delivers, while taking advantage of highly efficient pricing and the flexibility that today’s technology allows for.
Did you know, 80% of Vistar’s DOOH placements accept video creatives? Thus, there’s a unique opportunity for brand marketers to attract consumers’ attention throughout their daily routines, using video formats in addition to their high-impact digital imagery. Venues that typically support video OOH include: bars, casual dining restaurants, hotels, movie theaters, recreational locations, sports entertainment, DMVs, gyms, salons and office buildings, urban panels, apartment buildings, convenience stores, gas stations, grocery, malls, liquor stores, airports, pharmacies, subway, taxis and buses.
What are the key benefits of video DOOH?
Video DOOH advertising delivers greater impact, reach and brand safety compared to online video, while also offering advanced targeting and measurement capabilities that ensure campaign success.
- Positive Impact: Motion attracts the eye, tells a story and delivers emotion.
- Non-Intrusive: Video OOH ads do not interrupt consumers’ daily routine.
- Unfailing Reach: Video OOH ads generate mass scale and make a splash that is impactful for brands.
- Automated and Efficient: Adtech is automating OOH, creating a simple and easy campaign ecosystem.
Using Vistar Media’s highly effective programmatic technology, along with video and audio enabled inventory, marketers can readily up-level their out-of-home advertising initiatives to drive real-world results.
How does video DOOH differ from other marketing channels?
In contrast to other video channels that are dependent on personal devices, like TV screens and smartphones, out-of-home video venues can produce higher reach by being in front of audiences as they go about their daily activities and routines. Brands can also leverage DOOH screens to extend their other video campaigns beyond just TV, CTV and pre-roll – repurposing existing assets to grow reach, awareness and action against on-the-go consumers.
What are the creative best practices when it comes to video DOOH?
- Use quick, punchy, relatable content: Videos that are short and relatable to the consumer can produce higher retention and purchase intent.
- Don’t overdo it: Subtle animation can elevate your creatives by bringing depth and excitement to your messaging.
- Leverage existing video content: Use an existing TV spot or trailer to pull out a shot that elicits emotion.
- Include subtitles: Not all DOOH screens play video with sound, therefore subtitles will ensure the proper message is being captured.
- Be time sensitive: Most DOOH screens accept :15 and :30 video spots; consider the dwell time of the venues you’re running in (i.e. doctor’s offices may be longer than an urban panel).
With the ever-growing advantages of video advertising, paired with the advancements in the programmatic OOH space, marketers and brands have the best possible opportunity to marry the two to produce a powerful and effective campaign. To learn more about how you can run video DOOH campaigns across our vast selection of networks, contact us today.
In contrast to other one-to-one video channels that are dependent on personal devices, like TV screens and smartphones, OOH venues, being a one-to-many medium, can reach audiences at mass scale. Brands can also leverage DOOH screens to extend their other video campaigns beyond just TV, CTV and pre-roll – repurposing existing assets to grow reach, awareness and action against on-the-go consumers.