How do you DOOH? Vistar Media reached out to our media owner partners, asking them to show us how their screens fit into – and stand out from – the overall digital out-of-home landscape.
Using the hashtags #HowDoYouDOOH and #PoweredByVistar, several media owners joined in, posting some of their favorite brand campaigns of the past year. At the end of the contest period, we reviewed every post and randomly selected a winner.
Ultimately, there were so many entries, we couldn’t feature them all! Below, you can check out a few of the most unique activations media owners shared:
1. As a part of their omnichannel Super Bowl campaign, Bud Light activated programmatic DOOH media on Lamar’s roadside billboards through the Vistar platform.
The count down to the Superbowl is on! @BudLight is reminding Kansas City fans by using programmatic technology from @VistarMedia on @LamarOOH billboards! #HowDoYouDOOH #PoweredByVistar #chiefs pic.twitter.com/oW2IDvlwG4— Lamar Advertising (@LamarOOH) January 28, 2020
2. Twitch is putting DOOH to work with this eye-catching campaign on Corner Media’s street-level digital signage!
Great campaign from @Twitch, putting #DOOH to work! #PoweredbyVistar #howdoyouDOOH pic.twitter.com/80VhAxw7D2— Corner Media (@CornerMedia2) November 26, 2019
3. Using Star Wars-inspired designs, United Airlines launched a Spanish-language campaign across Los Angeles on Lamar’s out-of-this-world screens.
Up up and far far away... @United is using @LamarOOH billboards all across the galaxy of Los Angeles, thanks to programmatic technology from @VistarMedia. #PoweredByVistar #StarWars #OOH pic.twitter.com/MiWsKd9hdu— Lamar Advertising (@LamarOOH) December 10, 2019
4. Aeropostale promoted a back-to-school campaign through Vistar on CENmedia’s screens, showcasing their on-trend video creative.
Great campaign from @Aeropostale, putting #DOOH to work! #PoweredbyVistar #HowDoYouDOOH #cinema #Advertising pic.twitter.com/RlODKRRKmq— CEN Media Group (@CENmedia) November 9, 2019
5. Magnum ice cream spread the word about their sweet treats with Lamar’s screens in key DMAs from coast to coast!
I scream, you scream, @LamarOOH billboards look like ice cream. #MagnumIceCream looks scrumptious using programmatic technology from @VistarMedia all across Boston, Los Angeles, New York & DC! #HowDoYouDOOH #PoweredByVistar #MagnumIceCream #OOH pic.twitter.com/HX9yuar6rt— Lamar Advertising (@LamarOOH) December 17, 2019
6. Corner Media shared a recent Theraflu campaign, which used DOOH through Vistar’s programmatic platform.
@Theraflu is using programmatic tech from @vistarmedia to run their "cold and flu" season campaign on @CornerMedia2's screens. #HowDoYouDOOH #PoweredbyVistar pic.twitter.com/E2KXr2Un8j— Corner Media (@CornerMedia2) November 22, 2019
7. ESPN leveraged Vistar’s powerful programmatic technology on Lamar’s screens to announce when and where you could watch upcoming college baseball games.
@espn @ESPNCollegeBB #ESPNACCNetwork using @LamarOOH #DOOH via @vistarmedia #PoweredByVistar #ProgrammaticOOH pic.twitter.com/q4BvQH63od— Ian Dallimore (@idallimore) December 7, 2019
8. Michelob Ultra let consumers in Jacksonville and Nashville know they could “taste the impossible” through simple messaging on Lamar’s billboards.
By leveraging the @vistarmedia platform, @michelobultra is able to use @LamarOOH billboards in Jacksonville and Nashville to reach their target audience! #HowDoYouDOOH #PoweredByVistar #MichelobULTRA #OOH pic.twitter.com/SFp6GzdJNA— Lamar Advertising (@LamarOOH) January 2, 2020
9. Dole used DOOH to display a vibrant video ad featuring their new fridge pack fruit slices on CEN Media Group’s cinema lobby screens.
Dole @DoleTweets is engaging consumers in the real world on @CENmedia screens, thanks to @vistarmedia. #HowDoYouDOOH #PoweredByVistar pic.twitter.com/ojpk1BXfjD— CEN Media Group (@CENmedia) November 8, 2019
10. Using Vistar’s programmatic platform with Lamar’s impactful screens, Campbell’s created another perfect pair – as good as tomato soup with grilled cheese!
M'M! M'M! @Campbells is filling @LamarOOH digital billboards with soupy goodness, thanks to the programmatic technology from @VistarMedia. #HowDoYouDOOH #PoweredByVistar #Campbells #OOH pic.twitter.com/obsOph0GNu— Lamar Advertising (@LamarOOH) January 24, 2020
We’re very excited to share that Lamar Advertising is the winner of our first #HowDoYouDOOH contest! As their reward, Lamar is taking home a $500 prize. We’d like to thank all the media owners who participated and shared how they do DOOH.
Interested in participating in another round of our #HowDoYouDOOH contest? Just DOOH it!